About Anderson Camp
Look for a rock outcropping jutting into the river off the right bank. Immediately behind this is a small sand bar and behind this bar is a steep slope leading to the tent sites. The USFS scouted this camp to fit 12 people.
“This camp is named in honor of one of the first river outfitters on the Middle Fork. In 1946, Andy Anderson and his brother Joe started taking guests down the river in used WWII rubber rafts. Andy’s son Ted accompanied his father and uncle on many of these trips. Ted would later become the first Forest Service River Manager for the Middle Fork of the Salmon.” -USFS